Saturday, October 18, 2014

How Soccer Explains the World: An Unlikely Theory of Globalization

How Soccer Explains the World: An Unlikely Theory of GlobalizationHow Soccer Explains the World: An Unlikely Theory of Globalization by Franklin Foer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm a little bit disappointed after reading this book. While there are good connections between football (yes, I choose to call it that) and events in societies and countries around the world, there doesn't seem to be much of an explanation but rather correlation or at best causation. The style of writing is good and capturing, but each section and chapter just left me waiting for the real punchline or some sort of pointer on how/where things were going, but there were no predictions or anything there. Good read, but still slightly disappointing.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment